Pamela S. Gayheart, MS, FHS '84
Director of Public Relations & Grants
937-878-3961 ext. 117
Responsibilities of the Department of Public Relations
- Skyhawk News Quarterly Newsletter
- FCS Website
- Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram
- Media Releases for local news outlets, District Spokeswoman
- New Resident Inquiries & School Tours
- Grant-writing assistance & guidance for faculty/staff
- Community events: Sweet Corn Festival Booth, Fourth of July Parade Float, Dayton Air Show Service
- Community Calendar Publication
- Annual Homecoming Parade
- Informational Brochures
Education & Professional Background
- BS Journalism, Ohio University 1988
- Master of Science Student Personnel Services, Miami University 1991
- Assistant in Alumni Affairs, Miami University
- Traveling Chapter Consultant, Alpha Delta Pi Sorority
- Ohio Reads Coordinator, Black Lane Elementary
Community Committees & Leadership
- City of Fairborn Planning Board (current)
- Centerpoint Dayton Air Show Committee Chair (current)
- Homecroft Board (current)
- Fairborn Chamber of Commerce
- Ambassador (Current)
- President 2013-2014
- Board of Directors
- District Communications Team Coordinator
- Chairperson, Fairborn Hall of Honor Induction Committees
- Coordinator, District Student Ambassador program
- City of Fairborn Sustainability Committee
- WPAFB Education Council
- Fairborn Lion's Club member
Awards & Recognitions
- Ohio School Public Relations Association, Mark of Excellence Award
- Fairborn Chamber of Commerce, President's Award 2012, 2016
- Sinclair Community College, Unsung Hero Award
- Ohio Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association, Sportsmanship, Ethics, & Integrity Award
Welcome to Fairborn City Schools, proud home of the Skyhawks! Our district is committed to transparent and frequent communication with the Fairborn community. Our Department is responsible for the district website, social media, all-call system, e-communication system, and relationships with local entities including WPAFB and WSU. Our Department also assists local, state, and national media outlets with inquiries as they cover the achievements of our students and staff. If you have an inquiry, please contact the Board of Education Office.
As a proud alumnae of Fairborn City Schools and a lifelong resident of Fairborn, it is a distinct honor to represent and work for our community. Additionally, both of my children attended Fairborn City Schools and are evidence that a Fairborn education provides opportunity, challenge, and rigor.
Casey graduated from FHS in 2011 and attended The Ohio State University where she majored in Public Health and Epidemiology. She received her Master's Degree in Public Health Education from Wright State University, and now chairs the Dayton/Montgomery County Overdose Action Team and the State of Ohio's Overdose Prevention Network. Corey graduated from FHS in 2015 and attended The University of Notre Dame where he studied Political Science and Public Policy. He received his Master's Degree in Secondary Education from Notre Dame and now teaches 5th Grade in Austin, Texas.
As noted above, I believe in the quality of our school district. I believe that our faculty and staff are extremely dedicated and forward-thinking. Fairborn is an innovative, diverse, and close-knit community that is the ideal place to raise a family, and I hope I can support you as you learn more about our District.
Please be sure that your "OneView" account is current. Emails for parents are sent via OneView by grade level and building. Emails include emergency, weather-related and general information emails.
Section Under Construction:
Grants Received & Implemented:
- Grants: 2023: In partnership with District Safety Supervisor, $200,000 in safety grants for Fairborn High School and Baker Middle School; 2022: Ohio Attorney General's FY 22 School Safety Grant for $22069.81; 2020: $3000 CARES ACT grant for FCS libraries 2019: Grant for Special Education Dept. FHS for Coffee Cart project for building staff/ Mental Health Grant partnership with community organization $10,000 to support district mental health professional development. Sept. 2018-$10,625 Temporary Emergency Imapct Aid fpr displaced students through the Ohio Department of Education/$60,000 LEAN grant for Baker Middle School Leadership Team/$28,000 OSFC Safety Grants for Secure Entrances/Communications Systems/Office Depot Bullying Grant for Baker Middle School; Lowe's Grant for BMS cafeteria renovations; Alumni work for funding of Americorps volunteer/FHS Guidance Dept. Grant support for Lowe's cafeteria improvements-Baker Middle School; Lego Leauge team grant support for Baker Middle School and Fairborn Intermediate School.