This summer 2017, Wright-Patterson's Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) is
introducing a new student program called LEGACY. This program hopes to reach
a wide range of students and increase STEM interests. LEGACY is designed for
students from sixth grade to completion of their bachelor's degree. There
are three phases of LEGACY: Craftsman, Junior Apprentice and Apprentice.
Details on this summer's LEGACY phases are listed below.
- A free, STEM-inspired, hands-on camp for 6th-9th graders.
- The sixth and seventh grade camp dates are June 19th-23rd.
- The eighth and ninth grade dates are June 26th-30th.
- Applications must be submitted by April 16th.
Junior Apprentice Phase
- A paid apprenticeship for students entering 10th-12th graders to work with
mentors in AFRL labs.
- Students must work a minimum of six weeks.
- Apprenticeships will run between June and August.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Applications must be submitted by June 23rd.
The LEGACY program hopes to keep students coming back each year and
ultimately prepare them for a civilian STEM career in the Air Force.
For more information and LEGACY applications, please visit: