The Ohio State University Alumni Scholars Program will be awarding (5) scholarships to college bound seniors. Fairborn High School seniors have consistently been awarded this scholarship so all Ohio State applicants should be applying!
Applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- Acceptance letter from The Ohio State University
- Be a resident or attending school in Greene County
- Rank in the top 25% of high school graduating class
- Demonstrate involvement in school and community activities
- Showing a sound interest and positive attitude toward college work
Applications are due by January 20, 2018
and are attached to this e-mail. Completed applications should be mailed to Christi Guillmen at C.Guillmen@gmail.com
The AMVETS 444 Scholarship will recognize one student and award a $500 scholarship to a student who meets the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a son, daughter, grandchild, stepson or stepdaughter of a US veteran and/or active military.
- The applicant must be a high school senior
- The applicant must submit a brief essay (less than 500 words) addressing the student's participation and accomplishments in the support of US Military, Veterans and/or community support activities and career goals
- Transcript must be included with application
- Copy of veteran's honorable discharge or military ID card
Completed applications should be mailed to:
AMVETS 444 Scholarship
428 Black Lane
Fairborn, OH 45324
Applications must be postmarked by April 1. Applications can be picked up in the guidance office and a copy is attached this e-mail.