Final exams are mandatory, and it is critical that students are here on testing days. Please make a note of these very important dates, guidelines, and procedures in order to prevent conflicts.
Final Exam Procedures & Guidelines for Grades 9, 10, and 11:
1. Remember the 3 Ps: be present, prompt, and prepared for all of your exams. The exam is a significant portion of your final grade in each course. If you do not take an exam, you may not receive credit for the course. Don’t let this happen to you!
2. You are required to be in the building only when you have an exam scheduled, but you may NOT call at the last minute to have someone come pick you up. It is your responsibility to arrange to be picked up within the 10-minute class change time and have those arrangements made ahead of time. Have your ride pick you up in the pool lot. You will not be permitted to loiter in or around the entrances of the building, and you will not be permitted to “come and go” during exam times nor during the lunch period. Afternoon busses will operate on the standard district-wide bus schedule for those of you who wish to stay. (Students remaining at school during make-up exams and students with a study hall in their schedule should report to the Auditorium during those times.)
3. All school policies will remain in effect and be enforced during exam week, including dress code, appropriate use of technology and electronic devices. While in attendance for exams, students are required to be under the direct supervision of FHS Faculty or Staff members during all scheduled exam times, study halls, and lunch periods. (Please refer to #3 above for specific guidelines concerning dismissal between exam times.)
4. The attendance office must receive a telephone call from your parent and a doctor’s note for your absence to be excused on an exam day.
5. If you are tardy for an exam, then you must enter the building through the doors by the auditorium. All other doors will be locked. After you sign in, you will be escorted to your classroom where your teacher will decide whether you will take the exam during that regular exam period or if you must return to take the exam during the make-up period. If you must wait to take the exam during the make-up exam period, then you will be escorted to the auditorium. You will be expected to return promptly at the beginning of the make-up exam time.
6. Disciplinary consequences resulting from inappropriate behavior during exam week may be administered on exam days and can also be assigned in the days following exams. Failure to represent FHS appropriately throughout the community during exam week may result in closed campus exams in the future. Please be respectful of yourself, your classmates, and your community.
If you have any questions about exams, please contact the school office at 879-3611.